Thursday, May 23, 2013

"One of these Heat Waves" - Pink Floyd vs Martha and The Vandellas

I still remember the first time I heard this song, driving back from some party in bumfuck New Jersey--a very wealthy bumfuck, but a bumfuck nonetheless. It was about 2am and between the empty roads and the fog, I started to feel like I was the only person alive for miles. My radio was tuned into some local college station, where some stoned out DJ was finish up her hour. Her final song was alright, but it wasn't helping keep me awake on my long drive back home...then after a few minutes of silence, and without introduction from the next host, this amazing mashup came blaring out my speakers and batteryfucked my mind back into action. I was full on rocking out in my seat from the psychedelic drop at 2:00, til the last note faded. 




What I love about this mashup, is that Pink Floyd's "One of These Days" really fits the lyrics for Heat Wave better than the original backing. If you listen, Martha isn't singing about any easy-breezy type of Taylor Swift love. A devil's got a hold of her and it's tearing her apart. Listen for yourself.

Original


No comments:

Post a Comment